Ideas that I would like to incorporate into the setting:
- Two powerful organizations locked in a cold war, one that stresses the "purity of humanity" and the other that embraces the supernatural (similar to the Coalition vs. Tolkeen conflict of Rifts, but a much more prolonged stalemate).
- Ghouls and Mutants as demihuman races (similar to Fallout)
- Walled (maybe domed?) cities surrounded by lots of unclaimed wilderness (like what you see in the aerial shots of Bregna in Æon Flux)
- Cheezy interpretations of literature and/or mythology (such as Merlin/Mrrlyn in Rifts England)
- Giving a specific reason for the apocalypse... perhaps different groups tell different stories, but the truth is only known to a select few (or nobody at all)
- Making any organization or race unrealistically good or evil... I want there to be a lot of gray areas and moral decisions in this campaign... questions like "which one really is the good guy?" should be common