Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Storm Guardian Conversions (WIP)

Last week, I mentioned that I was going to start converting some storm guardians for my Eldar, and I immediately ordered some sword arm bits from Hoard o' Bits because I knew I didn't have them. In the meantime, I needed to break apart some old guardians and dig up some shuriken pistol bits.

So into the bits box I went, going straight for the sprues that have proven more useful to me than any others... the ones with the dire avenger exarch weapons. In the end, I was able to turn ten of my standard guardians into a squad of storm guardians for under $5.



The core of each model is just a standard guardian. The sword arms are Empire State Troops arms. The pistols are from the dire avenger exarch sprue. And last, the flamers are just trimmed down shuriken catapults with some bits from the Eldar heavy weapon sprue glued on. I'm pretty sure the one on the end of the barrel is from a starcannon. The other I'm not sure about.



They're assembled now, but as you can see, they need some serious work before they hit the tabletop.

Comments & suggestions are welcome!
Related Posts with Thumbnails